Diploma in Spiritual Formation
The first two years of the MSF curriculum, which comprises 8 courses totaling 24 credit hours—may be taken independently for the Diploma in Spiritual Formation.
MSF/DSF PROGRAM GOALS
Through formal coursework, adopting a series of spiritual practices, and the completion of a thesis or project, students:
• discover major figures, movements, and teachings from Christian spirituality, past and present;
• explore spiritual practices that bring together theology, prayer, and ministry;
• discern their own growth in Christian faith, understanding their place in the Church, and bringing the responsibilities of daily life into the light of faith and the practice of prayer;
• connect Christian faith and practice to the complex and difficult world of contemporary culture;
• find guidance for their vocation as disciples of Christ in Church and world.
For information regarding courses that apply, see the Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation degree information.