Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to be an Episcopalian to enroll in the program?

The Center's programs are open to men and women of all denominations, and to those who do not have a denomination.

Can I take courses for non-credit?

The Center courses are available for auditing. 

Do I have to be a full time student?

All of our masters degrees are adaptable to part-time or full-time study. Courses for the MAC, MCPC and MSF degrees are offered on weeknights and on weekends to accommodate the schedules of people who work during traditional business hours. The vast majority of students in these degrees are part-time.

Is it necessary to make a formal application to enroll at Seminary of the Southwest?

Yes, you will need to enroll in the master's degree programs. 

Can I get CEU credits for these courses?

CEUs are honored by diocesan offices or licensure boards and other professional accrediting agencies. We encourage you to check with the appropriate office. The Center only offers credits for classes and allows auditing students as well. 

Who teaches the courses at the Center for Christian Ministry and Vocation?

Courses in the Loise Henderson Wessendorff Center for Christian Ministry and Vocation are taught by full-time seminary faculty and by adjunct faculty, who are experts in their fields.

Is Financial Aid available?

The Seminary seeks to maintain low student debt by aiding students through these courses. Knowing how difficult it can be for students with families and multiple responsibilities, the Seminary of the Southwest offers up to 50 percent(50%) of financial aid for tuition. Students must complete an application for financial aid; awards are need-based. For more information, find a list of academic expenses in the Financial Aid and Outside Scholarships booklet or visit our website at This form of financial aid is extended to students enrolled in the MAC and MCPC programs for up to six years. 

How do I get more information?

For further information please Contact the Admissions Office at 512-472-4133 or